- This event has passed.
AKC Star Puppy Test – Tuesday April 9th @ 7:30pm
April 9 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
You’ve done the work, now its time to get the recognition! If you have attended at least 6 out of the 7 sessions of our Puppy Einstein Class you are eligible to complete the American Kennel Club (AKC) Star Puppy test. The test fee is $10. Your puppy will be tested on the following:
20 STEPS To Success: The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy® TEST
1. Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams,
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for
puppy-collar tag, etc.
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least
6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN®
12. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other
people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks
10 steps and returns)
If your puppy is not AKC registered and you don’t have any registration papers, no problem! We will have forms available that you can send the AKC to register with the AKC Canine Partners program, or you can go online to www.akc.org/dog-owners/canine-partners and register. Once your dog is registered, she/he will be eligible to participate in all AKC events for the life of the dog.
If you would like to sign up for the test, or have more questions, please email Joy at email@example.com.